Solar panels are not only cost effective they are a great investment and renewable energy solution for your home. There are two types of solar panels – solar thermal panels for producing hot water and solar PV panels for producing electricity.
Installation for solar PV and solar thermal typically takes 2-3 days, depending on the size of installation. However getting a date for the installation might take 3-4 weeks Scaffolding will usually be required and is usually done a day before the installation.
The solar installation process:
- Initial enquiry by e-mail/telephone
- You should be contacted within 24 hours and an initial assessment of your property’s suitability for your chosen technology
- Following an initial assessment the installer will carry out an on-site survey
- A fully detailed quotation should be provided at this point.
- Upon agreeing to terms you will receive an installation date for your system, usually within 3-4 weeks
- The scaffolding is usually erected the previous day to installation
- Installation usually takes 2-3 days, with disruption kept to a minimum
- After installation the system will be commissioned & tested.
- All scaffolding will be removed and your property left clean and tidy
The roof’s existing structure should be assessed at survey to determine whether any additional strengthening will be required, and any accidental damage to the titles or slates must be repaired prior to installation.
Installations should have 5 years installation warranty. Panels are typically guaranteed from failure for 5-10 years, depending on the manufacturer. They are also guaranteed for 25 years to give 80% of their output. All inverters are guaranteed for 5 years standard (this can be increased for up to 25 years at additional cost)